Install 6 foot flagpole to brick on house

Old 03-25-22, 08:57 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Install 6 foot flagpole to brick on house

Hi. I bought a flagpole and cast aluminum bracket. The 1” screws that came with the kit won’t hold up. I am lost as to how to install this pole to our house brick. Brick is about 30 years old. The size of holes for the cast aluminum bracket are only 4mm (1/8 inch) as shown in the photo. From what I have read, even if I wanted to use Masonary screws (tapcon or something I was told) I cannot get them in 1/8 inch. My concern is that the wind will rip off this bracket if I don’t install it very securely. Is there any way to secure this, or should I return the flagpole kit? Also, some instructions say install in the brick, others say install in the mortar. Has anyone any advice?

Old 03-25-22, 09:29 AM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
For my flag mount, similar to what your showing, I attached to the mortar line(s) between the bricks using Tapcons. Bricks can be very difficult to drill but installing into the mortar is easy and if removed you just patch the holes.

If holes in bracket are too small just drill them a little bigger!

Old 03-25-22, 10:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,527 Votes on 1,371 Posts
Yes, drill the bracket holes bigger if needed and position the two top holes of the bracket centered over one of the horizontal mortar joints and position the bottom hole centered over one of the vertical mortar joints.

For something like this I would use plastic mollys and stainless steel screws over tapcons. I usually use this kind. You hold up your bracket, position it as mentioned, mark your holes with a pencil... then drill 1/4" holes with a hammer drill and masonry bit... then hammer in the molly. The holes should be at least as deep as the molly is long, if not a little deeper. Then attach your bracket.

You just need to be sure your masonry bit doesn't wander off center when you go to drill your holes.

Pilot Dane voted this post useful.
Old 03-25-22, 05:19 PM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
Sorry IMO!

About the most useless product known to man.

Pitch every one you get, usually from a cheap China product, in the trash and save yourself the continues ongoing default of continuous connection failures related to fasting.

Many superior fasting products available, these are the worst!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: