Foundation repair cranking again !?!?

Old 04-04-22, 09:37 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Foundation repair cranking again !?!?

I saw a house for sale that had Foundation repairs on three of the windows in the basement there's like clear white pegs going into the foundation and then some type of material sort of like an epoxy going over it. But that epoxy green has cracked again I assume there's more stress on the foundation??

Old 04-04-22, 10:21 AM
H
Received 250 Votes on 216 Posts
Well, (Realtor) we just had a sale where our Buyer had to sell their house, had 2 agreements fall apart because of foundation concerns-
In most cases where there has been remediation done, there will be an engineer's report for the Seller, or from the Seller's Realtor.

Depending on whether you are working with a Realtor-Buyer-Agent, you might ask your agent to look into this.
Example, when we have hot markets, it's not uncommon for there to be multiple offers, one is accepted with inspection contingencies, then the offer is rescinded- I've found it can be VERY informative to simply make a friendly call to the Realtor who just dealt with the rescinded deal - their Buyer is generally no longer interested in the house, and will often volunteer information- usually with "OH, THAT house, you wouldn't believe...."
Which works for me/my Buyer, because a smart Seller / Seller's Realtor doesn't WANT to get a copy of any engineering reports from a Buyer (Sellers always think Buyer-hired home inspectors are nit-picking or looking for problems- e.g.
"Found a wad of chewing gum stuck to the bottom of kitchen counter, SUGGESTION- replace kitchen counter with marble..."

Old 04-06-22, 11:03 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I would assume that if that gel type epoxy stuff the use for the repair cracks again there's still a foundation issue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: