Cutting pavers

Old 07-14-22, 10:04 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
Cutting pavers

I'm moving my firepit and installing a small paver patio around it. I'll be using concrete pavers 2" thick. Because of the weight the firepit will not sit atop the pavers. I want to cut the pavers on a curve where they will meet up with the firepit.
Any suggestions on how to cut a 2' radius curve in cement? I have cut pavers before but never a curve. I have a 7' diamond circular saw blade and a 4" diamond angle grinder blade. Is there a better tool for this?

Old 07-14-22, 11:23 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
For material that thin I use my grinder with 5" diamond blade to cut, that is a tight radii so it will probably take a little finessing to get the curve/edge correct. The good thing, you only need to get the top edge that is visible right, the rest can be what it is!

Stay up wind, lots of dust!

Old 07-14-22, 11:47 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I use a circular saw and angle grinder with diamond blades. Most of the time I cut dry. I cut in from the edge up to the arc I've marked. Then I break out the flakes that I cut to remove the bulk of the material. Then use the grinder to clean up the top radius where it is visible. The hardest part is seeing my line. Even a nice bold, black magic marker line can easily get covered by the dust.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: