Where do I get BBQ grates?

Old 08-03-01, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully someone has an answer to this question since I don't even know where to start looking. I've got an indoor brick BBQ pit that was modified by the previous owners when they used the chimney for exhausting an Ashley woodburning stove (the pit backs up to a fireplace on the other side, separate chimney tiles, shared chimney structure.) I would like to "restore" this BBQ pit irregardless if I ever use it or not. It's 30"x54" interior dimensions, +/-. Needless to say, the grates are long gone, likewise the supports for same. As I'm starting with a pit that I need grates for, I'm sure that they'll have to be either custom, or something I can cut down. Where do I find such things? Due to shipping weight, size of such a thing I'd prefer a local source, of course, but I need to know where to start searching. An internet search pulls up mostly gas-grills and fireplace log grates and I've tried about every combination of search terms I can think of.

Any and all help appreciated!

Nunquam Celere Est
"It's never easy."

Old 08-03-01, 12:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have no idea where to find a 30"X54" BBQ grate, either.
I suspect that there was a custom-made grate in yours to begin with.
In the interest of looks and practicality, I would have one custom-made locally by a welding shop from light angle iron (frame and supports) and expanded sheet metal (X-grating).
Expanded sheet metal can even be found in stainless steel, if you wanted to go to the extra expense.
You could have them make it in two sections (front and back) for easier clean out, if you wanted. You might even think of putting hinges on the grate sections.
Just give them the exact measurements that you want, and write a check. THAT's easy.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: