HELP!!..need to pour concrete sideyard

Old 08-25-01, 11:33 AM
masterjoe
Visiting Guest
Cool

I have a gravel sideyard and my dog just tore it apart.
I'm in desperate need to pour a concrete over it.
It's about 7'x20' space between my side fence and my house.
Any hints or an excellent website with step-by-step instructions?? Also, is this a kind of job I can do over the weekend?? Thanks in advance...

Old 08-25-01, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For you, one weekend is pushing things. At least two would be more realistic. One for preparation; then the big day...with the help of a neighbor or two.

I have posted the following URL a considerable amount of times http://www.bhglive.com/ See the Masonry section of the Home Improvement Encyclopedia. My baseline opinion about first time concrete projects has not changed either: hire an experienced mason to help you with this project.

Consider concrete pavers or interlocking concrete pavers over a sand bed instead of concrete. It's doable on your own. If costs are analyzed realistically you might find out that a short yardage delivery fee will make pavers more attractive.

Old 09-10-01, 07:54 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
Concrete side yard...make sure you grade so the water will run away from the house and do not pour it to high at the house set up is the first most important thing you need to do.....good forms, good grade and a good plan. Make sure you have every thing done and ready before you have the concrete truck on the site....if you have not finished concrete before this is a good time to find a buddy that has
will not take long, then have a bar-b-que after for all the great help....Good Luck should take about 2yd concrete

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: