Add Brick to an Existing House

Old 08-29-01, 12:49 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 35 year old ranch house that has a partially brick front. We have 15 year old vinyl coated steel siding covering the remainder of the house. The siding is showing its age and also has been seriously dented following a severe hail storm this past spring.

I am curious what it would take to entirely cover the house in brick (cost, value, amount of work). The house currently has a footer to support the brick only in the front. The remainder of the house does not have a wide enough footer.

The length of the house that would need to be covered is 245 feet. The house also has a walk out basement.

Any information would be appreciated. It seems like this should be possible, but I currently have no clue of what it may cost.

Thanks!

John Scheiding
Florissant, MO

Old 09-07-01, 09:40 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
this is a large undertaking, to see what you need to have and do ...First find 3 good contractors in your area to give you a price for how and what they would do to give you brick all the way around the house...don't forget the openings windows doors and others will need to be water tight and many other things around the house could be affected with the brick.....ask lots of questions of each contractor you will learn as you go along..if need be call more contractors untill you know how and what it will take to do it......don't let them fool you....Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: