Cracked concrete block

Old 08-30-01, 10:57 AM
Visiting Guest
My basement walls are made of concrete block. My house is 30 yrs. old. Recently, I have noticed that one of the vertical cracks on one of the blocks has gone from hairline width to approximately 1/8" in width. I have not had any flooding or water damage in my basement at all. Do you think this crack widening is a warning sign? How do I determine what the cause of this crack widening is? How can I control the crack widening or repair it permanently? Thanks a lot.

Old 08-30-01, 02:56 PM
demerick
Visiting Guest
cracked concrete block

Virtually any possible repairs in concrete can be accomplished economically and with little effort by utilizing xxxxxxxxxxxxunique ultra adhesive liquid rubber repair products.
seexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/url]

No Advertisement Allowed

Last edited by pmgca; 02-28-03 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-10-01, 07:41 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
It is allway a good idea to find out why the crack is getting bigger first....then repair.....see if you can find any thing else around the area that looks like it could be changing as well, ground water, outside grading, new construction and have you by chance had an earth quake that could have helped it along....any changes that have taken plase over the last few years......and keep aneye on it for the next year or so and see what develops....Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: