Filler for driveway cracks

Old 09-12-01, 02:27 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question

Some time ago I used a product sold at the local home improvement center to fill in cracks I have in my driveway. A year later they're open again. Even though I used the crack filler per instructions, I noticed the filler became rather brittle. Yet I walk into the street which was paved some time ago, and I find the concrete seams filled with a compound that, after 35 years, is still pliable and squishy between my toes when I walk on it! Where could I get some of the good compound the city uses, and why isn't it available to the general public?

Old 09-13-01, 09:15 AM
demerick
Visiting Guest
filler for cracks

Bonding with great strength while waterproofing and sealing large gaps in concrete is no problem xxxxxliquid rubber adhesive coating and caulking products. The high strength bonding and flexibility assures a complete seal for many years.
see: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.htm

No Advertisement Allowed

Last edited by pmgca; 02-28-03 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-14-01, 11:09 AM
Visiting Guest
As with anything preparation is crucial. make sure you clean out the cracks, preferably with compressed air. Stay out of the Big Box stores when you shop, try a good masonry yard that deals with contractors and get their advice and follow their suggestions.

Old 09-15-01, 07:53 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
HELLO
I am with demerick on this on this, the products are great and proven and great help from them if need be..but would like to think we are not sending you out to a masonry store to ask what you have came here to find out...remember most help in stores try to help ....but if they were as good about what we ask them about ...THEY WOULD BE THE CONTRACTOR....Good Luck

Old 09-18-01, 11:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Unlike some, I am not here selling a product.

Old 09-18-01, 02:43 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
I am not here selling ANYTHING But if it works I do want to let those that want to learn some thing That works........ I have been doing this for over 40 yrs! ! ! and do not like doing any job over......THANK YOU......

Old 09-19-01, 02:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile

I didn't mean you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: