Concrete Problems

Old 09-13-01, 04:31 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

My concrete walkway/area around my new pool was done poorly.The concrete was poured over a rock base. The amount of concrete was mostly less than the four inches required. They are willing to warrantee it but I would like to know what period of time would be reasonable. Is there a certain period of time when problems relating to the job will show up? I would also like to know specifically what it should be warranteed against.

Old 09-15-01, 08:20 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
concrete done poorly should be taken care of as soon as possible so that the new concrete can get a chance to fail in the warranty time limit should there be a problem..3 1/2" is the norm for what is called a 4" concrete slab.....most problems show up in the first year but never wait that long to make every one aware of the problem...the longer you wait the harder it is to show that the problem should be under warranty. Concrete will crack under the best of conditions...that is concrete...but if the concrete work is done poorly and cracks, open ups and and moves, does not drain...will and should be under warranty,,,if you have a problem always bring it to the contractors attention most contractors want to do you the best job they can for you......Good Luck...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: