Damp wall

Old 09-26-01, 09:11 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have recently noticed that the wallpaper in my bedroom is starting to peel and the painted walls feel damp. I don't understand why this is as my bedroom is upstairs and is the only room affected. The only thing I can think of is the alarm box on the outside wall is round about where the damp is. Is this the likely cause as the roof isn't leaking? I have been told that the wall is infilled, not a cavity wall. Any help is much appreciated.

Old 09-29-01, 07:06 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
hello
you say the wall has been filled but you do not say what the wall is made of, wood frame, cemente block, or stucco over what ever? need more information....Thanks

Old 10-01-01, 01:24 AM
Visiting Guest
More Info

Thanks for your reply. The wall is of brick construction with a cement rendered covering. That is pretty much all I know. Hope this helps...

Old 10-06-01, 07:10 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
is this wall on the north side of the house? If it get now sun it may never get rally dry and the warm inside can pull the moisture in.....so a warm room does not always keep it dry, when the heat goes off..... a good sealer on the brick outside should help over time but you may have water inside now that will take time for it to go away...if you can seal the wall on the inside and redue the wall paper it would be best..... Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: