Replace vapor barior

Old 11-15-01, 08:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Replace vapor barior

My home just went through mold mediation. Mold was found on the backer board/vapor barior (between the brick veneer and stud wall) and was removed. The height of the missing backer board varies from 15 in. to 3 feet and runs about 30 feet. My question is How do we replace the backer board. This needs to be done before we can start fixing our house. We have heard everything from using a foam to pulling the brick and replacing the backer board. Help!

suzyqfw

Old 11-17-01, 07:28 PM
some help
Visiting Guest
Hello
I do not understand how the problem was fixed, how did you remove the backer board with out removing the brick? what did you do do to make sure the mold problem was solved? Who said it was fixed and would not come back when repaired? How do you know there is not more mold spores waiting to start growing? Have to added vents to keep the area dry and fixet the problem to keep the area from getting wet and mold from coming back..Have you checked to make sure there are no mold spores in the house? Your health can be at risk.......Good Luck

Old 11-18-01, 07:34 AM
Visiting Guest
backer board

The backer board was removed from the inside by a mold remediation company. The air test past after they were done.

The mold was due to a ruptured water heater. The water ran for several days while we were out of town.

Can anyone ever be sure that the mold won't come back. I really don't think that the insurance company is going to pay to rebuild the intire house.

All wet drywall was removed. Also insulation. And on this one wall and part of another the backer board.

suzyqfw

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: