Cleaning fireplace brick

Old 12-07-01, 11:05 AM
TheMailman
Visiting Guest
Cleaning fireplace brick

Over the years of use, my brick above the screen area of my fireplace, has gotten somewhat of a black soot look to it in places. Is there a wonder product on the market to get rid of this? Would sulpheric acid do the job? (using extreme caution of course).

Old 12-07-01, 11:37 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
I am sure you can find a product that will do the job for you... I don' t think the acid is the correct product though...

I would contact your local fireplace store or a masonary supply house that sells tools and products for the masons in your area...

There is a company that makes varous masonary cleaning products, I think the company is under the Sure Clean name, I did a quick internet search and couldnt find them...

But I do know that Universal Weatherstripping in Detroit, Michigan on Schoolcraft Rd. sells all these products. If nothing else perhaps a phone call to them could get you the name of the product your looking for..

Good Luck

Jim

Old 12-08-01, 07:12 AM
55Redneck
Visiting Guest
I would recommend Muriatic acid with a stiff brush, rubber gloves,eye protection, and a good respirator. Rince well with water and it should look like new.

Old 12-10-01, 02:31 AM
some help
Visiting Guest
HELLO
Use TSP follow directions safe and will do the job...Good Luck.....

Old 12-10-01, 05:52 AM
RobSchaef
Visiting Guest
I found this weekend the grout cleaner from Home Depot works really well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: