Cover up brick

Old 01-22-02, 06:38 PM
kchristofora
Visiting Guest
Cover up brick

Looking to remodel a brick house. Is it wise to consider covering up a brick house entirely with vinyl siding? What is the best way to do it, so I can evaluate my contractor's proposals? Thanks

Old 01-23-02, 01:49 PM
BRICK4U
Visiting Guest
Why do you want to cover up the BRICK?

Why would a contractor even consider talking you into covering up the brick exterior of your home? Is it because you're trying to save money on the addition... or remodeled part of the structure... and vinyl is cheaper and quicker to install.. and you're wanting to have the whole house match? Then match the brick and you'll spend less than you would if you had to wrap the whole house! Matching brick is not always easy... especially if you have a much older home... but a quality brick distributor should be able to assist you .. or your contractor... in coming up with a reasonable solution. There are many homeowners that have vinyl that would certainly prefer to have all brick homes... don't make their mistake!

Old 01-24-02, 03:25 PM
kchristofora
Visiting Guest
Cover up brick???

It is the wife working on the cover up. We own a 1 level ranch style house, all brick exterior. Yes, quite nice to some. With a most probable additon in early development to add a complete second floor, my wife is looking to make this a bit more country style, dormers, ect. As i describe it, more of a "vinyl" look. So, covering up the whole house to match the second floor is an option. I dont know what the reasonable solution is?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: