poured concrete floor

Old 02-01-02, 05:47 AM
sportster pete
Visiting Guest
Question poured concrete floor

i have a poorly poured (say that three times fast) basment floor. the largest section is very uneven (used a boot as a float i think) it has waves and ridges up 1/2" or so. it has very little agregate and is very chalky (my dog has scratched it deeply with his claws) the adheasion is very poor (tried to paint a small section) dust is also very bad. i am building a room 18'/18' and need to finish the floor water is not a problem but humidity is i want to avoid building a sub floor (ceiling height and shimming nightmare) any clues ?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-02, 03:21 PM
BRICK4U
Visiting Guest
Hmmmm???

Are you the original owner? If you are, why did you sign on the dotted line? If you aren't, you should have seen it before signing and negotiated the price down. Regardless, you should try and get a professional to come in and look at it. Although we don't sell it, how about looking into something like "gypcrete". A professional can pour it... and it can be poured thin.

Old 02-03-02, 05:35 PM
sportster pete
Visiting Guest
no we are not the original owner. and we payed at least 50,000 less than what move ins were going for. the living space was compleatly redone