resetting fence post

Old 09-03-01, 02:24 PM
Visiting Guest
We have an ungrounded, single-bulb light fixture in our basement, and I'd like to install a flourescent fixture at that location. The instructions for the flourescent fixture say that it has to be grounded. How hard is it to add a grounding wire to an ungrounded fixture? Does this require running a wire through the ceiling and wall to the nearest member of the house's grounding system? In case it matters, I'm an untrained homeowner with your basic run-of-the-mill experience in replacing fixtures and receptacles.

Thank you!

Old 02-26-02, 03:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
resetting fence post

I need to reset a fence post for when I install a chain-link fence gate. Need to know if the new concrete will work with the old that is still on bottom of the post, or do I have to use a clean post.

Old 02-26-02, 04:45 AM
boman,
If the old post(with some concrete) will fit in your new hole, go ahead and use it.
fred

Old 02-26-02, 07:38 AM
old post(with some concrete)

Actually, you might say it has more than some. It still has the chunk that was on it from the original setting. I had planned to make the hole quite a bit larger and reset it without busting the old concrete off or maybe use a different post. I would like to use the original post though. I was not sure if the new concrete would adhere to the old.

Tx for response

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: