basement foundation cost! ($$)

Old 06-18-02, 12:24 PM
Arrow basement foundation cost! ($$)

Iím in the Minneapolis area and want to know ballpark price for basement foundation work. Iím talking about excavation, footing and foundation--either block or poured walls. Is this normally priced per square foot or by length of wall? Full height basement, hole would be approx. 8í deep. Area: 24 feet by 20 feet.

Some of you must have recently done this work or had this work done. Thanks for any responses.

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-02, 08:40 AM
me again. here's some info i found out (fyi):

one outfit said that a 20X24 excavation/haul away 120 yds dirt, footing, foundation, slab would run $14-16000.

another guy said footing and 4 courses was $25/lineal foot. that would be in addition to additional courses, excavation, slab, etc.

what do you guys think of this?

Old 06-19-02, 06:01 PM
jadship
Visiting Guest
We live in the Pittsburgh area. We putting on an addition with a full basement. It's costing around $9,700 for an 24x20, with the front consisting of 45 degree angles. This includes excavation, labor & materials(10"block walls with brick ledge), and tar & sealant, and backfill. This includes hauling away the dirt, except for spreading some in our yard. I'm not sure exactly how many courses, I'm sure my husband knows.

Our other quote was about the same, $9,900.

We also had the foundation quoted as a crawlspace instead. I believe the price difference was about $3,000 less. We decided we'd rather have the additional space in the basement.

I'm sure the price varies significantly by area. We not located in an urban area, and even Pittsburgh has a lower cost of living for a city.

good luck

Old 06-25-02, 03:06 PM
moxyj
Visiting Guest
unbelievable

we have an 800 sq. ft. area basement that we wanted to finsih. we were told $33k to $50k.