Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wrecked car disposal

VA

02-24-04, 07:49 AM   #1  
Wrecked car disposal

I have a formerly very pretty 1989 Cadillac Deville classic sitting in my driveway under cover. My son unfortunately wrecked it about a year ago. No one was injured and the plan was for him to drive that car for just that purpose. Big heavy car protects valuable offspring.

I had thoughts about restoring it, but have decided it really is time to part with her. I simply will not have time to restore her any time soon. All she needs is some body work and a new CV joint/axle on front left side. Worth 2000 undamaged, and probably needs 3000 to rebuild her, max, but a very sweet car. Candy apple red with sunroof and all the trimmings. 180K miles.

My question is - how can I dispose of the car? Certainly she is worth something for the parts. Is it likely I will have any interest? Could I get anything for her?

Any suggestions?

thanks

Sponsored Links

FL

02-24-04, 09:29 AM   #2  
Just run an ad in the paper, describe it has having damage 'restorable', etc. Just make sure if it was totalled by the insurance company that you sell it for 'parts only'.

02-28-04, 02:12 AM   #3  
there are car donation places all over that might take your car. you can write off the donation. not sure how keen they are on cars that need repairs though...

FL

02-28-04, 08:33 AM   #4  
That's another idea.. your local vo-tech or high school might be interested in the car for their auto-shops. Dealers donate their damaged in transit cars all the time.

Visiting Guest

08-31-04, 10:26 PM   #5  
wrecktrader
Wrecked car disposal

www.wrecktrader.com can give you some assistance on where you can dispose your wrecked car or truck.

VA

09-01-04, 05:16 AM   #6  
Thanks, all for the suggestions. Well, wouldn't you know that after trying all of the car donation places advertised locally and learning none wanted a wrecked car, I tried Salvation Army, and they said they would be glad to take it. For some reason it did not occur to me to call them. Well, hopefully the car will do some good even in her final "performance."

Search this Thread