1987 Honda Accord LX Market Value

Old 04-03-04, 09:04 AM
cyber1958
Visiting Guest
looking to sell my 1987 Honda Accord LX

i would like to know what would be a fair market value for the aforementioned vehicle. it is in good operable condition. it is only driven locally and not often. i purchased it for a professor in nw hampshire ( at the time it had 86000 miles. i have added 16000 miles in 3.5 years. i purchased it for $2000 and added certain improvements ( tires, struts, ball joints, etc). the transmission is in excellent condition, as is the engine, the only thing that may need some work is the exhaust system that has take non years of rust but has not affected catalytic converter ( its just the piping that needs work ). the interior is in excellent condition as is the exterior original paint. WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD ASKING PRICE..........Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-04, 10:45 AM
BSparks294
Visiting Guest
Easy answer--just go to Nada.com or Kellybluebook.com (kbb.com)

Old 04-06-04, 11:57 AM
Accord LX

Your should be able to get around $1800 for it.

Old 04-06-04, 08:37 PM
The best way to find out what a car is worth is to goto sites like www.autotrader.com, www.ebay.com and your local paper and see what other people are asking. In your case auto trader has 138 1987 Accords for sale with an average asking price of $2300.

If you were to get the exhaust fixed, I'd bet you could sell the thing for more than you paid for it. If you have the time and money, fix the exhaust and post the car for sale for $2400 for a few weeks. If that doesn't work, try something just under $2k like $1987.

If you are near a major metropolitan area you could probably post your ad locally for free at www.craigslist.org.

Old 04-09-04, 05:06 AM
Group Moderator
Just curious, Cyber, has the timing belt ever been changed? Think the Honda recommendation is 50,000 miles and if it lets go from old age you, or the next owner, could be faced with a repair bill as much as half the value of the car.