Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Chevy 3500 series 4 Wheel Drive (5.2 Motor with 5 Speed Tranny)

Visiting Guest

04-18-04, 06:44 PM   #1  
Bones
2000 Chevy 3500 series 4 Wheel Drive (5.2 Motor with 5 Speed Tranny)

I'm still shopping for a (1) ton Mason/Landsape Dump Truck. I've been offered a (Brand New) 2000 (Chevy 3500 Series) - 4 Wheel Drive - % Speed Transmission with only 5 miles on it with a 10 foot Dump body for $24,000. *The dealer claims that he is "stuck" with these (2) trucks that were never purchase from a school because lack of funding. He says that I will receive "all" factory warranties, etc. *I'm really considering on purchasing this truck because it is alot more affordable to me than most other trucks I've been looking at. I just want to make sure this truck motor is a "good" model and that it will have enough power to haul assorted bulk item debis. Please let me know what you think?
Thanks,
Bones

Sponsored Links

04-20-04, 03:35 PM   #2  
The engine runs very well and the truck will be geared for the rated weight capacity.They are also being up front about the warranty,it starts on the title date so you are good there also.I would not hesitate to buy it if it fits your needs.If you are going to finance the vehicle check with the bank first as it is almost 5 years old even though new some banks don't like to finance new old stock.How much are they dropping off the sticker price,if I may ask?

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

04-26-04, 08:41 AM   #3  
Run a title history check on the truck (Carfax report). If it doesn't show any funny business, I would say you're good to go.

If you're wondering about if it's powerful enough? Yeah, I'd say a 3500 is powerful enough to haul damn near anything! I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the payload on those things can go as high as 2.5 tons! Is it a diesel or gas engine?

I say: Yeah, buy it.

Chris

Search this Thread