Comparison between Dodge Dakota and..

Old 12-28-04, 08:12 PM
Question Comparison between Dodge Dakota and..

Durango and GMC Envoy and Ford Sport Trac. I'm looking for a truck and these are the trucks I'm looking at. Most are a 2001 to 02. Anyone have experience with any of these. Size, gas milage, driveablitily, comfort etc.. I have two kids 6/3 yrs.. What about insurance for them, really high or average compared to minivans. Mine is a 95 Windstar. Really any info on these trucks would be helpful. Thanks for any insite.

Geeman

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 11:49 PM
First off we need to define some terms that will help you when you are shopping. The Durango and GMC Envoy are Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVís). The Dakota and Sport-Trac are trucks. The insurance will be higher on any of these then your mini van. But a lot of it depends on your driving record and insurance company. The Dodge V-8ís will get worse gas mileage than the Ford or GMC. If you donít hot rod it you can expect 18-25mpg from the Envoy and Sport-Trac. And at or worse than 18mpg from the Dodges and their V-8ís. You can get a V-6 in the Dodges but they are big vehicles for a V-6. But, a V-6 might work fine for you if you donít plan on pulling any thing or driving fast. I am not sure of the exact mileage of the V-6 Dodges. But I am pretty sure they are a little worse then the Ford or GMC V-6's.