Mercury Villager Reliability

Old 05-04-05, 07:11 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager Reliability

I am considering purchase of a 1999 Mercury Villager (aka, Nissan Quest). Vehicle has approx. 125,600 miles. Vehicle runs good and is very comfortable. Carfax gives it a good report.

Looking for comments on the reliability of these vehicles. My understanding is that the 3.3L V6 is a Nissan engine. Comments on the quality of this engine?

My main concern is that the safety rating of this minivan is not all that great, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. This rating is based on a "Frontal offset crashworthiness evaluation". In other words, they ram the front left of the car into a brick wall at 40MPH (ok, not exactly, but that's pretty close). I just wonder how good a picture of safety a test like this gives.

I'm looking for a van to give us 2-3 years of good service. Then we'll be looking at a better van (probably an Odyssey). Right now, we just can't do a high car payment. I know if I buy this van, I'll be getting a fair price as my uncle who owns the car lot always treats me well.

Last edited by chirkware; 05-04-05 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-14-05, 06:29 AM
Bodie
Visiting Guest
Nissan built this van for Mercury and they did well the 1st 100K miles. You are considering one with too many miles and if it's to be your daily driver that you depend on cost to repair is high and that shoudl stop you from making that purchase.

Old 07-14-05, 12:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, actually, I ended up buying a 1999 Honda Odyssey EX...about two months ago. (note the date of my post).

We are VERY pleased with the Odyssey. It's build/design quality are far superior. Of course, it was also MUCH more expensive. It's been looked over well by a mechanic and given .

Thanks for your reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: