Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Alfa Romeo's Quality

Visiting Guest

10-29-05, 03:58 PM   #1  
Guitarman500
Alfa Romeo's Quality

Theres this 1993 Alfa Romeo in really nice condition, for $3200...I did a Kelly Blue Book look up for this car and it came out to be a little more then what these folks are asking.
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...300&cardist=58
---
How reliable are these cars? I really like the "Luxariousness" of this car but don't really know how reliable they are becuase they arn't common around here.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

10-30-05, 04:40 AM   #2  
Your key phrase is "they aren't common around here". I would be checking on the availability of parts and knowledgeable mechanics in the area before I even considered whether to buy one.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

10-30-05, 10:07 AM   #3  
They aren't common because they are not imported any more
-haven't been for years
The trick will be getting someone to work on them
-you can't go to a dealer lol

I would suspect you'd more than make up for any "deals" you got on the vehicle by paying more for parts and service

If they are available

I've never worked on them (well, these new ones anyway), so I can't tell you from personal experience as to whether they are easy or difficult to DIY repair

I think tow_guy hit the nail on the head with his advice
If you can find a mech who'll work on it and parts...

Group Moderator

FL

10-30-05, 05:59 PM   #4  
We tow one every now and then, but I can't tell you how hard a time the owners have in getting them fixed.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread