overseas selling

Old 11-04-05, 10:06 AM
paragod
Visiting Guest
overseas selling

I have a vehicle posted for sale. A procurement agent has contacted me via email and wants to purchase the vehicle for his client who lives in the UK, but wants the vehicle for his client's son who lives in Canada. What things should I be looking for that throw up red flags. If this is legitimate what questions should I ask? I know better to let the vehicle go without actually having the money in my bank account, but what else should I know. How can I verify that the agent is legit?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-05, 10:49 AM
That is a common scam on the internet. http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/cashier.asp

Old 11-07-05, 12:16 PM
paragod
Visiting Guest
sure enough, it took a few days but the guy finally got to the point. I guess he was just bating me for some time. But he finally wanted me to give up my info so he could send me a cashiers check for almost 5k more and I was to wire transfer the excess back to him. The thing that irritates me is trying to find an agency (law enforcement) that I can actually report this guy to. If anyone knows (other than iffc) please let me know.