Best Place for Quick Sale?

Old 11-08-05, 02:40 PM
HarleyGirl
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Best Place for Quick Sale?

Hi there- I'm new to the message-posting world, but have been reading a lot since I discovered the DIY website a week ago. And I must say that the moderators here seem to be the nicest of any website I have visisted- always friendly and helpful, even if a question has already been asked 15 times before! I will probably have a lot of questions in other forums as well, as I am finishing up a remodel and then will be selling my place and buying another in a different state. But I will start here... I would like to know what would be the quickest way to sell my vehicle. I have a 2002 Infiniti QX4 AWD with 62k miles and about all the features you could get. I have a sudden cash flow problem and don't have much time to sell it. I realize I will probably get much less if I go through a dealer, but I'm not even sure how I would go about finding a dealer or broker in the first place. I live in San Jose area, and any help would be appreciated. Thank-you in advance for any advice....

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-05, 11:21 PM
30 minutes. From determining its worth to an offer and/or selling it. Basic requirements: internet access, a telephone.

A relative lives is San Jose. This was his strategy for disposal of a unwanted vehicle.

1. California DMV - download forms (bill of sale, title transfer, smog release). His discovery: seller is responsible for cost of smogging. An obscure disclosure form exists to release the seller of this responsibility (buyer & seller must sign, each keep a copy, seller sends a copy to the DMV). Suggested DMV keyword search "smog".

2. Determine resale value. Various free services via the net. Generic search terms "auto book value".

3. List it in free classifieds & get offer from wholesaler.

Sale criteria: gone in four days or less. He needed the space for another vehicle. Logic: sell to private party at near book or take a heavier hit from the wholesaler.

Search "bay area classifieds" should reveal numerous free listing sites. Search "sell your car san jose" should reveal a local wholesale broker (fast sale).

Old 11-09-05, 04:33 AM
Group Moderator
You could also try autotrader.com which would give you wide coverage, but be a little slower in responses possibly.

Old 11-19-05, 03:56 AM
HarleyGirl
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Update on Best Place for Quick Sale

Hi and thanks to all- sorry for the long delay in responding - unexpectedly called out of town. Anyway, it actually looks like my brother will be coming to my rescue; he knows the owner of a Fremont dealership who will sell it on his lot, and he (my brother) will help out w/cash flow problem so I can take some time and get closer to what it's worth -hopefully. I think I'm ok re the smog requirement, according to DMV info, as it is less than 4 years old. I got Kelly Blue Book resale prices from Yahoo Autos, and some comparison prices from AutoTrader.com. There seemed to be a quite a wide range in asking prices- anywhere from $18k up to $25k for same year QX4s, all 4wd, and about same miles, etc., and not a lot of 2002 QX4s out there for sale, either. So, thanks again, and I will update w/final amount, (if that is allowed here), if anyone is interested in the outcome.

Old 12-13-05, 11:40 AM
SomeGuy
Visiting Guest
Great free way to sell

Hi,
I use www.seemoreinfo.com - you create an ad, and use their
sign generator to print out a sign on your printer - all free!
Hope this helps,
Guy.

Old 01-27-06, 04:44 PM
how about e-bay? or a dealer on consignment? i have sold cars through both methods.