Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

getting rid of an '89 corolla

Visiting Guest

11-09-05, 01:11 PM   #1  
bigandtall
getting rid of an '89 corolla

I have a car that I need to get rid of. It' s an '89 Toyota Corolla Altrac Hatchback with about 135K. I just put in a new alternator and battery and it runs fine, but I wouldn't take it on any long trips. The brakes are about shot, the rear hatch has a key broken off in it and can only open when you use the half broken off key. The driver's side rear-view mirror was recently knocked off and is currently duct taped on. Also, the back windshield wiper doesn't work. I live in Brooklyn and rarely use it as I don't trust it for long distances. I want to get rid of it. What's the best way? I couldn't sell it to a friend in good conscience... and I don't even know what it's worth with all the problems. Is it better just to donate it to someone? Any idea what it would even be worth?

Sponsored Links

11-13-05, 11:11 AM   #2  
Kelly Blue Book says $675 for a private party sale if it's in fair rather than poor condition
Around here anything that runs, will pass inspection, and has a clear title is worth $1200
There are places that you can call and donate the car to
They'll pick it up and you can write it off as a donation on your taxes

Group Moderator

FL

11-17-05, 10:41 AM   #3  
Might try Salvation Army or Habitat for Humanity. Good charities and will take donated vehicles, at least down here.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread