Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

selling a vehicle w/ parking tickets?

11-12-05, 09:15 PM   #1  
selling a vehicle w/ parking tickets?

hey guys, in Chicago here, wondering if I will have a problem selling my truck to a friend in which I have 4 outstanding parking tickets. I got a notice in the mail that I'm on the boot list and vehicle will be confiscated. I don't need a vehicle now as I moved into Chicago from the suburbs and my friend desperately needs a vehicle. I can't afford the tickets which doubled in cost. Can a city impose a lien on a vehicle for parking tickets thereby preventing selling it? Would my friend be traced down and be liable? BTW I never got the tickets but my little bro borrowed the truck to do work in Chicago a year ago. Expired tag and no front licence plate (someone took my plate either stolen or fallen off)

Sponsored Links

OH

11-13-05, 06:26 AM   #2  
Unless you transfer the plates to the buyer they shoouldn't have a problem. They will still be after you though.

11-13-05, 10:28 PM   #3  
thx mattison

yes, my friend would get new plates and yes I figure it would still be on my record but then I will have them paid off before I get another vehicle

Search this Thread