Honda Civic 2001 EX

Old 05-14-06, 04:55 AM
Dev
Smile Honda Civic 2001 EX

Hi!
I am intersted in buying this car "Honda Civic 2001 EX " model , mileage is 83K and is for 9K from a private seller.What do you guys suggests.I am a student and will not be using the car that much. But need it just for conveinience. What would be the resale value of it. And is it worth to to invest such a big amount. Please let me know guys asap.What all i should keep in mind while buying this car.

Thanks a lot .Have a nice day.

Dev

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-06, 05:07 AM
I would suggest running the description though in the Kelley Blue Book. You can do this free online. Make sure you check the price for dealers and private owners. There IS a difference.

Old 05-14-06, 07:56 AM
Dev
Smile

Hi Majakdragon,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I did that, and the KBB price is around 9600$. I negotiated and brought it down to 9K.How does that sound it fine or too much.

Looking for ward for replies.

Happy living

Dev

Old 05-14-06, 08:08 AM
$9000 for a "convieniece car" that is 5 years old seems steep to me. People swear by the Hondas and Toyotas as far as being a long lasting vehicle though. Guess it depends on your wallet.

Old 05-15-06, 04:52 AM
Group Moderator
Side note on dragon's "long-lasting" comment. If you do buy it and the previous owner cannot show you documentation that it has been done recently, spend the money to have the timing belt replaced. One of the most common reasons for a Honda to belly up is owner's neglecting this and when an overage one breaks it is an expensive repair.

TG

Old 05-15-06, 06:33 PM
Don't know much about the prices, but I had a 1994 Civic EX coupe that I drove for 185,000 miles before selling; I loved that car and only reason I got rid of it was that I was moving out of state and couldn't justify taking a 2nd car with me. I had the timing belt changed at 100,000. Never had ANY problems, just regular oil changes and routine maintenance. If you take care of it, it will last a long, long time! I still had the original clutch on it, and every time I questioned the age/mileage on the clutch, my mechanic told me it was probably good for 300k (or whenever!) Great car! Enjoy!

Old 05-16-06, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dev
Hi!
I am intersted in buying this car "Honda Civic 2001 EX " model , mileage is 83K and is for 9K from a private seller.What do you guys suggests.I am a student and will not be using the car that much. But need it just for conveinience. What would be the resale value of it. And is it worth to to invest such a big amount. Please let me know guys asap.What all i should keep in mind while buying this car.

Thanks a lot .Have a nice day.

Dev

Checking the actual market value of the car is important, but what really matters is do you like the car ? Hondas are very good and reliable and for an " excellent condition " private party value is indeed north of 9K according to KBB.com
Do you like its features like Manual/Auto Tranny, Color, Sunroof, 4/6 Cyl, etc. ? In the end is a personal choice I think.

Old 05-17-06, 05:29 AM
listen listen

Listen to the Towguy take his advice Honda breaks a timing belt and your engine is toast make sure it is new or have it replaced if unknown. Good advice from towguy.

Old 05-17-06, 10:28 AM
Group Moderator
Tow Guy LOVES Honda owners that neglect their timing belts.