Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Black book value (Canadian car values)

05-25-06, 10:13 PM   #1  
Black book value (Canadian car values)

Does anyone know of a good site to find the black book value of vehicles?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

05-26-06, 04:44 AM   #2  
www.kbb.com
www.nadaguides.com

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

05-26-06, 11:29 AM   #3  
and it's 'blue' book btw..not black book...unless of course it's illegal goods

05-27-06, 05:48 PM   #4  
I guess I should have also said that I'm looking for Canadian book values. I'm not sure these values from these sites would be reconized in Canada.

Group Moderator

FL

05-28-06, 06:29 PM   #5  
Just convert to Canadian $ and it should be close.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

07-16-06, 01:54 PM   #6  
There is a "Black Book"...

Posted By: xtremeskier97 and it's 'blue' book btw..not black book...unless of course it's illegal goods
The "Black Book" is published weekly and is the "Bible" for the ACV (actual cash value) not the "trade-in" value a dealer puts on your car. The figures in it are derived from actual selling prices at auctions in the region. The "Kelley Blue Book" was never used in any dealership I was familiar with in the Southeast.

The 2 books always in a dealership and usually in a bank loan office are the Black Book and the NADA (National Automobile Dealers Association...nada.com) often referred to as the "Blue Book" even though it is actually orange.

There is no "free" way to get the Black Book value on the web that I am aware of. You should be able to call your bank/credit union or even a dealer and get the info however.

07-16-06, 09:15 PM   #7  
These sites appear to be directed specifically to Canadians:

http://www.vmrcanada.com/
http://www.carquotes.ca/
http://www.trader.ca/members/valuefinder/default.asp

NY

07-28-06, 08:01 AM   #8  
Posted By: carguy The "Black Book" is published weekly and is the "Bible" for the ACV (actual cash value) not the "trade-in" value a dealer puts on your car. The figures in it are derived from actual selling prices at auctions in the region. The "Kelley Blue Book" was never used in any dealership I was familiar with in the Southeast.

The 2 books always in a dealership and usually in a bank loan office are the Black Book and the NADA (National Automobile Dealers Association...nada.com) often referred to as the "Blue Book" even though it is actually orange.

There is no "free" way to get the Black Book value on the web that I am aware of. You should be able to call your bank/credit union or even a dealer and get the info however.
yes but do not be mistaked - NADA does not equal Kelly Blue Book. "Kelly" is 100% ficticious.

www.edmunds.com is another great site

07-30-06, 06:10 PM   #9  
If you are or know someone who is a CAA member, they have a link to the black book value on there site.

Also as someone mentioned if you are in good at your bank, they have the "RED BOOK" that they use for loans towards used cars.

09-27-07, 05:26 PM   #10  
BlackBook, Bluebook Or RedBook

The Canadian Blue Book does not contain car values but values for motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, boats etc.

The Canadian Red Book is a collection of average wholesale prices on vehicles with average mileage readings and have been reconditioned and ready for sale. The average retail values is an analysis of various manufactures group studies from across Canada.

The publicly available version of Canadian Black Book (Wholesale/Retail Guide) is a collection of average wholesale values for vehicles bought in dealer only auctions from across canada. Their average retail values are based on industry sale prices accepted by the sellers.

You can access an online version of the BlackBook's Wholesale/Retail guide at canadiancarprices.com for 12.95 versus buying the paperback version from them for 23.00 (approx: week delivery time).

Carquotes.ca charges "in my opinion" too much for only one vehicle's pricing information at 21.00 per pop. They indicate no reference resources for their used pricing reports.

VMR Canada is an American based company posting what appears to be "again, in my opinion" outdated vehicle pricing information. They show no reference as to how they actually collect their data which makes them suspect to me.

Cheers!

Last edited by ypone; 09-27-07 at 05:42 PM. Reason: spelling errors

VA

11-26-07, 11:00 AM   #11  
The Black Book deals mostly in wholesale prices. http://www.blackbookusa.com

MT

12-04-07, 09:51 PM   #12  
The red book is definitely the most accurate out there for private/dealer prices. If you are having a hard time finding a source it's what is used at the border to determine fair valuations on vehicles coming across and there are tons of them kicking around each office. You could try calling or stopping in at a port of entry close to you and asking nicely about a specific vehicle.

02-26-09, 08:44 AM   #13  
candian black book

hi to get a quote on a used car price go to kia.ca ,on the left side of the page you can get a black book quote.click on 0% then check on the left side of the page ( trade in )

Search this Thread