Need some opinions (Buying 2006-1/2 KIA Optima)

Old 07-26-06, 11:05 AM
Need some opinions (Buying 2006-1/2 KIA Optima)

We are considering buying a 2006-1/2 KIA Optima. It has a 4 cylinder 161 hp engine...(24/34 mpg). It has eight (I think) indvidual air baggs for safety. It comes with a 10yr/100000 mi power train warranty. What I wanted was some of your opinions on this automobile. We are retired and looking for a car that is dependable. I have never bought a foreign made auto before but this sounds like a very good deal. Please give me yuor opinions - good or bad.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-06, 11:11 AM
Group Moderator
My understanding is that Kias from a few years ago were spotty in reliability, but that dramatic improvements have been made since. If nothing else, the warranty (which is the best available in the car business) tells me that the manufacturer thinks they are making a good product.

Old 07-26-06, 11:50 AM
I'm sure you must have done your research about the car but here's some info for review you may want to check out:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/N...6/Act/Showall/

Old 07-26-06, 12:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
When the KIAs first came out they had a terrible safety rating - worst in class, so you might want to check that out first - hopefully they have improved.

KIA has defenitetly come out with nicer looking cars lately and as Mitch noted their pricing and warranty are attractive.