Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon

Old 09-14-06, 11:34 AM
Unhappy Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon

Hi:
After having found Toyota Station Wagon is no longer available, I am planning to buy an 'used' '01 or '02 Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon.

Now, I have some concern over this change, ...

Is Subaru Station Wagon similar to Toyota Station Wagon in regard to 'quality' and other factors? Because, I still love Toyota Station Wagon although it has a high-mileage with some defectiveness. A mechanic told me around $2,000 to fix all of the problems it has and said 'it's NOT worth to fix.'

Thanks for your honest opinion on this regards.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-06, 12:54 PM
Subarus are great. Especially if you actually have the need for AWD. I have owned Subies in the past, and plan to own more in the future.

Old 10-31-06, 09:46 AM
You don't say how many miles on your Toyota, but having been in Subaru sales for 2 years, it is not unusual to get 200K from a Subaru with proper maintenance, qualityfor Suabaru has always been there, Also the advantage of all wheel drive no matter where you live is a decided safety advantage even more so in northern climates where there is snow.
As far as safety goes Subaru hangs in there with the best of them Honda, Toyota etc, I have see pics of accidents involving Subarus that the car was totally mangled and people have walked away even when people in the other car were killed. Extreme I know but, as we say it's a Suabaru.

Mark