Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon

MD

09-14-06, 11:34 AM   #1  
Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon

Hi:
After having found Toyota Station Wagon is no longer available, I am planning to buy an 'used' '01 or '02 Subaru Outback, 4W Wagon.

Now, I have some concern over this change, ...

Is Subaru Station Wagon similar to Toyota Station Wagon in regard to 'quality' and other factors? Because, I still love Toyota Station Wagon although it has a high-mileage with some defectiveness. A mechanic told me around $2,000 to fix all of the problems it has and said 'it's NOT worth to fix.'

Thanks for your honest opinion on this regards.

Sponsored Links

09-14-06, 12:54 PM   #2  
Subarus are great. Especially if you actually have the need for AWD. I have owned Subies in the past, and plan to own more in the future.

NY

10-31-06, 09:46 AM   #3  
You don't say how many miles on your Toyota, but having been in Subaru sales for 2 years, it is not unusual to get 200K from a Subaru with proper maintenance, qualityfor Suabaru has always been there, Also the advantage of all wheel drive no matter where you live is a decided safety advantage even more so in northern climates where there is snow.
As far as safety goes Subaru hangs in there with the best of them Honda, Toyota etc, I have see pics of accidents involving Subarus that the car was totally mangled and people have walked away even when people in the other car were killed. Extreme I know but, as we say it's a Suabaru.

Mark

Search this Thread