Opinions of Infiniti QX56 SUV?

Old 09-14-06, 04:58 PM
Opinions of Infiniti QX56 SUV?

Hey all ...I'm interested in possibly purchasing a 2004 Infiniti QX56 SUV. I currently have a Toyota Land Cruiser but want to upgrade a bit to the QX56. I know fuel consumption is not great on this thing but I'm not concerned with that. I have two trucks that get maybe 15 mpg so I'm use to it.

Anyone out there have this truck and if so, what are the good and bad things with it?? Nissan/Infiniti dependability has historically been pretty good so I believe them to be fairly reliable. Any major design flaws or quirky things with these? I have not test drove one yet ...still researching them to see if it's worth my time to drive one. I love the look of them and fact that they have 315 hp w/ a 5.6 liter V-8 engine. Plenty of torque. The loaded ones have some really neat features, too. I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-06, 05:30 PM
Group Moderator
I did a quick look at what Consumer Reports has on it. The usual comments you would expect, but the last line in the model overview refers to the reliability as being "abysmal". In their reliability chart, all of the following are rated "poor" for the '04 model year: Electrical, suspension, brakes, paint/trim/rust, body integrity, power equipment, and body hardware. Sounds like you better keep the number of your favorite towing company on speed-dial.

Old 09-15-06, 09:40 AM
Huh ...not necessarily the info I wanted to hear but definitely good to know. I'll keep researching. Definitely don't want something that forces me to keep the tow truck on speed dial. I'm really surprised to read that ...I've known people w/ Nissans that have lasted years and hundreds of thousands of miles. You'd think the Infiniti line would resemble the quality of Lexus but apparently not.

If anyone on here owns a QX56, please let me know your thoughts of your particular truck.

Thanks,
Steve