Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

nissan frontier

03-08-07, 10:53 PM   #1  
nissan frontier

hey guys ,Im thinking of buying a 2005 nissan frontier, but all the dealers want 30k plus . A new one is 35 k is this right ? i'd think they would be cheeper buy a thou or two . Im in vancouver canada .I really want one but I only want to pay 28 or 29 k. also what is msrp and does it apply to used ?thanx

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

03-09-07, 10:38 AM   #2  
Well, I just ran a search on autotrader.com and got about 10 pages of hits with a high of $31,000, low of $19,000, and an average of $23,000. US dollars, of course.

MSRP is manufacturer's suggested retail price. Applies to new cars; it's what the manufacturer tells it's dealerships they can try to get for the vehicle (often has no bearing whatsoever on how much the vehicle is worth or how much money it took to build).

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

03-09-07, 11:21 AM   #3  
OH ya us dollars...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!I did all the searching also ,but for the 4 door 4x4 metalic grey with the sport package is around 30k CANADIAN DOLLARS OF COURSE!!!! cause I did my searching on auto trader .ca (pssst. all websites arn't american!!) thanx tow guy,hey what is the delivery charge for a new vehicle called,maybe thats what I was thinking of that should not apply to a used car. thanx tow guy.I heard on average we pay 4-5 thou more for a new car the u guys ..the manufacturers say cause thats what the market will bear???

Group Moderator

FL

03-09-07, 02:49 PM   #4  
You may be thinking of "dealer prep" or "destination charge"; both apply to new cars.

Measure it with a micrometer; cut it with an ax.

Search this Thread