looking afar for my used car, where should I avoid?

Old 07-09-07, 10:45 AM
looking afar for my used car, where should I avoid?

Hello all, I am shopping for a used car that is a bit rare, (Subaru Forester XT with manual tranny) so I have expanded my search out of my local area (Seattle WA)

Are there regions to avoid buying from? Are California cars still quite different and less desireable than others? Do east coast cars have corrosion issues? I'm seeing some in Colorado, any issues there?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-07, 11:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it's a snowy winter climate, salt and calcium chloride may have done some damage. Any coastal area has problems from salt water. Find a warm and dry area and you may be in luck. Of course the fuel pump could always die when you are 5 miles from nowhere.

Old 08-12-07, 07:19 PM
Have someone check out the vehicle before you purchase. My brother bought a rare car - he is here in Austin, TX and the car was in New Jersey. He bought it. Had it shipped here in a covered truck. An Acura XRS car - or something - red - fast - pretty - I think it was very expensive too. Anyway it can work out just fine. It did work out for him. He just sold it after four years of enjoying it.

Dealers normally change their inventory out. If they take a trade in on the coast, they ship it North, and vice versa. Check out the car fax and see if it shows you where the car has been living - not where the car is for sale.

Just some things I have learned from a car dealership owner of a Mercedes Dealership - in Florida - Texas - etc. he moved his inventory around. Just an FYI.