Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Selling via Cash 4 Car Websites

07-23-07, 04:22 PM   #1  
Selling via Cash 4 Car Websites

Has anyone tried out cash for car websites? I have a 95 Nissan Maxima that was rearended. We settled privately so now I have a car that I don't use sitting in the garage. The car suffered extensive damage to the rear and repair cost is worth twice, thrice the kbb value. Should I sell it via one of these cash for car services?

Sponsored Links

07-24-07, 02:48 PM   #2  
I don't know anything about these services, but if you or anyone you know is mechanically inclined, parting a car out can sometimes get you a decent amount back although it takes some work. The internet is a great way to find buyers for the parts. I'm currently parting a '97 Eclipse with front end damage and so far it is going well. I'm looking at getting about $1500 back, not an exceptional amount, but quite a bit more than I could have sold the car for. Assuming it was in good shape otherwise, you probably have alot of parts on there people will want.

Last edited by garylau; 07-24-07 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread