Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

antique Rolls Royce grill - need to know year and model

PA

02-01-08, 11:03 AM   #1  

Hi! My grandfather restored antique cars for a living and was quite amazing at it. He recently gave me an antique Rolls Royce grill to sell, but he is losing his memory and can't remember when he got it. We're trying to find out anything we can about this grill, so we have an idea what model it is, what year, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have pictures and measurements. It is 22" from side to side, and 15 1/4" bottom to top on the sides. It is missing the ornament on the top of the grill, but other than that is is in gorgeous condition without any flaws.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

02-02-08, 09:15 AM   #2  
It looks like this one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Camargue
This may help you also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Motors

MN

02-02-08, 10:08 AM   #3  

Google for Rolls Royce restorers.

They would be the best possible purchasers IF it is a genuine RR radiator. They will be able to determine if it is genuine. There are some methods and tricks to determine if they are real. Since being authentic is necessary, the value of real parts is great.

When dealing with collector cars, it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to have genuine parts. Copies are are not worth much.

In judging classic cars, everything must be accurate. If you show a car in the summer and have a heater/ventilation set in the winterer position, you are out of luck even if you have the right parts.

Recent RRs do not draw the same prices they did years ago, but collectors will pay for authentic parts that can be certified.

Dick

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

02-03-08, 03:16 AM   #4  
I'm pretty sure he can trust his Grandfather.
All I did was google for "rolls royce grills" and came up with a bunch of stuff.

CA

05-21-08, 06:12 PM   #5  
Grill

Did you find out any more about the grill?

Search this Thread