2005-06 Cobalt?

Old 07-08-08, 05:37 PM
2005-06 Cobalt?

Looking at '05 & 06 Chevy Cobalt's, FWD, lots of them out there, must be lease returns, any thoughts plus or minus on these models? Thinkin to down size wifes Honda Odessy. Looking for milage of course and smaller vehicle.
We are not particular to GM, just looking at value for dollar & hoping to find dependability, always a crap shoot it seems. (grin)

Thanks in advance for input,
(driving in NE OHIO)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-08, 11:24 AM
You might want to check Consumer's Reports for their ratings on Cobalts. Last I checked, Cobalt's relability wasn't the greatest. I rented an '07 Cobalt a few months ago, and I was disappointed that the gas mileage was only around 32-33 mpg for highway driving, based on the onboard computer system. If you're used to the fit and finish of an Odyssey, I think you'd be sorely disappointed in a Cobalt. Since you're already in the Honda family, why not look at a Civic if you want to downsize? Yes, you'll pay more for a Civic over a Cobalt, but I believe its worth it.

Old 07-09-08, 02:34 PM
Group Moderator
Took a quick look at Consumer Reports for you. The 05's & '06's scored at the bottom in the category of "Electrical system". Fuel system and "Transmission minor" also had low scores. They also note Poor crash test results in side impact without side airbags.

Old 07-09-08, 05:58 PM
Wow,, thanks for the input, maybe we'll be looking at the Honda Civic's, had real good luck with the Odessy, just really want to down size.

Thanks,

Old 07-10-08, 04:24 AM
Group Moderator
Corolla might be a good match, too.