Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Garage Floor Drain Grate

12-30-08, 01:48 PM   #1  
Garage Floor Drain Grate

Hi all,

I had so much luck with my first experience here I thought I'd try another question.

In the middle of my garage I have a drain which comes in very handy for when I want to wash my car in the winter...like right now in Minnesota. The grate that covers this drain has somehow broken and a huge chunk is lodged in the drain. I can try to remove it but the main purpose of this inquiry is I'm searching for a place to purchase a new grate. Does anyone have any ideas where I can go to purchase a rectangular metal grate? It's approximately 8" x 10"

Thanks much and Happy New Year.

Ingbor

Sponsored Links

IL

12-31-08, 09:39 AM   #2  
Try Ace Hardware or any good plumbing store.

CANADA

01-03-09, 08:21 AM   #3  
new grate

Take what's left of the old one, to a local welding/fab shop. They could duplicate it, for probably not a whole lot of $$$.

OH

01-03-09, 08:47 AM   #4  
Plumbing supply should have grates.

CANADA

01-03-09, 05:20 PM   #5  
floor drain

Posted By: JungleJim Take what's left of the old one, to a local welding/fab shop. They could duplicate it, for probably not a whole lot of $$$.
I'm with Jim on this one i do a few welding repairs and i have this stuff laying in the yard. Most all fab shops will have scrap as big as you need and likely for the change in your pocket

Search this Thread