Tractor is a lawn ornament

Old 06-23-10, 03:23 PM
Tractor is a lawn ornament

I have an older compact tractor that is not running. Long story but the oil drained while I was using it and I caught it too late. Where is the best place to advertise this to someone who may be willing to buy it to fix it themselves?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-10, 04:08 PM
An ad in the local bargain finder will do handily. Be sure that the condition is accurately disclosed so that interested parties will know what they're looking at. Less hassle between you and your goal of getting what it's worth.

I think the used car publications always have an equipment section in them too. You could look through these to get an idea of how to price it.

What brand/model/year is it? And what engine?

Old 06-23-10, 04:30 PM
Group Moderator
Your local Craigslist (www.craigslist.org) is the place to sell anything. There will be somebody out there who has more time then money and would be willing to take the time to fix it or use the parts. It's is also free, and easier to list things then ebay! It is basically a free online want ads. Be careful, you may find yourself buying more things then selling.

Old 06-23-10, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tolyn Ironhand
Your local Craigslist (www.craigslist.org) is the place to sell anything.
Oh yeah. The internet. Yeah. Maybe try that.

Old 06-24-10, 04:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I've posted before, but years ago a guy did the same thing with a jeep. It sat there for years. Finally when the DNR published their directions to the Wildlife Management Areas, the one near this guys house, the directions read "travel up 180 and turn left at the red jeep". Talk about landmarks! Hey, mount a mail box on the radiator and leave it there! JK!

Old 06-30-10, 10:04 PM
Good one...

Turn left at tractor...go 5 miles..
I had a guy give me directions to a service call in the middle of nowhere. He said "turn left at the donkey in the yard and go 2.4 miles and I'm the trailer on the right. LOL! True story.

Old 07-08-10, 02:20 PM
funny. very helpful. thanks