Hiniker Plow Removal and Selling Potential

Old 01-13-20, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Hiniker Plow Removal and Selling Potential

I'm in the market for a used Toyota Tundra 4WD truck. I've only been able to find two I like (and in my price range) in the entire nation. One of them has a Hiniker snow plow on it and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to remove and how much could I expect to sell it for? I looked on eBay briefly and the controller is selling for a few hundred, the wiring harness for even more, the mount for over $500, and the plow itself for $3,500. Sounds like I could recoup a good chunk of money. My primary concern is were there any permanent modifications made to the truck to attach the plow and is it something I could easily remove by myself. Here's the link: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=253908088

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-20, 02:51 PM
Correction, the plow itself retails for over $5,000. This one is used, but in excellent condition. I believe it is a 7.5' mid-size 700 series plow.

Old 01-13-20, 03:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
I would think it's bolted on although there maybe reinforcements that were welded in place. Crawling under and looking might be the only way to know for sure.

Old 01-13-20, 09:05 PM
The truck is nearly 2 hours away, so I'd like to know before I drive up there. I think it's safe to assume that the plow can be removed leaving only the mount, which if I had to leave on for some reason wouldn't be too noticeable. Heck, maybe I'll just keep the plow.