Camping with Kids

Old 01-15-03, 11:12 AM
exeter_acres
Visiting Guest
Camping with Kids

Just curious if everyone has been out camping lately with the kids??

Start them early is my feeling.. My 2 year old is already a regular!..

And it is never too late to start. Start car camping so you can take lots of things along, and slowly limit what you take. I think the key is participation.... get out and hike, learn some animal and bird sounds, etc. etc.

And to start.. one night is fine then build from there.. or not.. just get out and about and explore!

Curtis

Old 01-15-03, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
exeter_acres:

I think that day trips are an ideal way to get comfortable with the outdoors.

One can set up a small base/campsite to get the little ones comfortable with the outdoors.
If the day gets extended into the evenings on later trips and they are having a good time, you'll be begged to spend the night.

Old 01-15-03, 06:42 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Camping with Kids

We started out camping in the back yard. Then, as we got older we camped out on the creek bank and fished and cooked great meals. I continued to do this with friends in college. Then, I did the same with my children. If lucky, you will be able to do it with your grandchildren.

As children, we learned much about the outdoors, safety, and survival. I still have my old Boy Scout Handbook. Now, I have several survival books in my library.

Old 01-17-03, 06:41 PM
Specter
Visiting Guest
We went a lot when our kids were growing up. Now we take our grandchildren, ages 2, 4, 6 & 11 several time a year. They love it. The older two ask every spring when are we going to go again.
It's never to early or too late to do something with you children.

Old 01-19-03, 04:08 PM
Jermy
Visiting Guest
I take my childern camping alot. A friend and I even take kids from the community, who's parents don't like to go camping. Just so the kids can get out and experience the outdoors. I have to agree it is never to early or late to start kids camping.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: