Shower

Old 03-19-03, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower

What about those solar showers you hang on a tree? How many showers would you get out of 1 bag?

Old 03-21-03, 10:24 PM
Cool Solar Shower

Well the best I can remember, is 1, so bring a friend & hurry
They have valves so you can control how much water comes out.

Top it off with water after each shower, & you can shower an normal size family in a sunny afternoon.

Old 03-22-03, 07:00 AM
Ahh who needs a shower when your camping? might as well blend in with the animals anyway. It would be mainly for the wife anyway she likes to camp as close to showers as possible and of course that takes you further from the lake and theres people all hours of the night walking past your camp.

Old 03-22-03, 12:25 PM
Smile Make one your self.

I'm sure you can make a smaller one. Back in the Mid 70s I made one, out of a big truck innertube, a hand pump filled it & it was held up by sitting up top of the Shower TeePee like a wedged collar.

I later found a way to gravity feed it. You know that water got very hot, & it had to be mixed with cool water to shower?

Perhaps a one person TeePee with a small car tire wedged on top. You can find all kinds of ways to get the water in I glued in a water bed male fitting with a double female adapter to hook it to the hose for filling.

Not that hard & a lot tougher than the cheap thin shower bags sold in the Sporting sections of department stores.

The Sun has to shine to work, & that is the weak link in this system. It's still a good system once you get it working.

Old 03-22-03, 12:53 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try I actually have a truck inner tube with a hole in it from sled riding. Campings just around the corner.

Old 04-04-03, 07:30 PM
plausible
Visiting Guest
Wow Marturo, That gives me some great ideas!!! But did you have someone pouring in the cold water or did you add it just before you shower?

Also, I remember an ad in a off road magazine for a shower that your jeep engine heated up--have you ever heard of this?
Tim

Old 04-22-03, 07:06 PM
ee3
Visiting Guest
Just saw a gizmo that is being sold as a shower for camping.runs on 1# propane tank. sounded intresting until i read the fine print that stated 3 gals per ten min. flow rate. at a qt. a min you might dry off faster then you get wet.

Old 04-22-03, 10:18 PM
T
Shower

It's great where you can camp in a campground where there is a shower. But, if you are roughing it in warm seasons, I always waited until nightfall and waded into water with shampoo & soap. When that opportunity was not available, I always heated water on my Colesman stove for washing my hair and sponging off. Yes, it's great to get home to your own shower.

I have spoken with avid ice fishermen who camp in cold temps and drink lots of beer. They admit the odor gets to them after 3-4 days. They have water. They have a heat source. They can heat water and take a sponge bath, brush their teeth, and wash their hair. So, I concluded cold weather and beer were their excuses.

I have never done desert camping, where there is no water source. I am sure it would be quite different. I think I would purchase prepackaged personal cleaning cloths and forget the hair if camping for a few days and not camping in a campground with a water source.

Solar hung bags are heated by the sun. My reading of advertisements for them tend to indicate they are good for one quick shower. I would recommend. if camping with others, each should have their own. Thus, water usuage is limited to the individual shower and controlled by the individual user.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: