Plans to build a small CO2 camp site skeeter trap?

Old 06-25-03, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Plans to build a small CO2 camp site skeeter trap?

You have seen those 20 gal LPG tanks with a CO2 generator & a vacuum for $250.00 to $500.00

Anyone see any plans that could be used to build a small one, using a small LPG camp stove tank? An LPG run CO2 generator & heat goes up, taking a skeeters small light body up into a trap Just thinking aloud

Old 06-27-03, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
marturo:

Seems like a good idea to try to make one. I looked but couldn't come up with anything.

Years ago I saw a homemade bug getter at a hot dog stand.
It was a bright bulb in front of a large box fan. Attached to the back of the fan was a fibreglass screen fashioned into a bag.
Although not pleasant to look at the bag was allways full.

I have on occasion used a fogger which keeps the little nasties at bay for a while.

Old 06-28-03, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nice Sketter where's my 357 mag LOL.

Hey Greg

I got to studying how the Big Boys made this Skeeter trap/vac.

Just as we hang the Japanese Beatle traps away from the plants, we want to protect. This Trap emits a stream of CO2 that the blood suckers follow to their dinner. Or so they think, the trap gives off so much more CO2 than we do, they head for it & not us

With LPG this product in it's pro version, does not need power by a cord. If a 100 watt light bulb will fry them & some traps use them. LPG can be used to make CO2 , heat, air flow etc.

2 or 3 of these small traps, hung around the camp site may keep these blood suckers at bay.

Perhaps other members, will give up, some ideas & we can come up with a DIY Skeeter trap. that we can make for ourselves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: