magellan gps 310 busted

Old 07-11-05, 11:44 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
magellan gps 310 busted

I have had a Magellan gps for quite a while but never used it much. Just when I started to really enjoy it I dropped it on my floor from about three feet and now some of the lights on the display wont work (just enough to be a pain). I called up magellan and they said they didnt fix them anymore but the could let me trade mine in for a new exploric or explorer or whatever it was for 40% off wich works out to be $72. Would I be better of trying to get this one fixed or get a new one? If i did get a new one what is the best one to get keeping in mind i can get the magellan for 40% off. I dont want anyhting fancy just the bare bones will work fine for me! Thanks for any help

Old 07-11-05, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 49 Posts
By far you would do well to take advantage of their discount offer.
I would suggest that if you were going to get an Explorist model you get the eXplorist 200 model or better.
The 200 comes with basic built in mapping that I am sure you will use.
This model has 14 channels instead of the 12 you have now plus it is capable of recieving WAAS signals.
WAAS is a correction that gives you the potential of 10 foot accuracy.

I personally looked at the eXplorist models when I just replaced my Magellan Meridian and found the screen to be a bit too small.
I opted for a Garmin model with a larger screen.
If you think you might like a bigger screen the Magellan Meridian series are good as well.
These have a kind of oval shape with a rubber ring on the outside. They may take a drop a little better than the 310.

Click image:

Image credit: magellangps.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: