Summer camping

Old 06-09-06, 03:07 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Summer camping

Now that summer is almost here, how many of you are going to be camping?? We had a trip up to carowinds amusement park campgrounds and had a blast on the rides and at the waterpark.
I hope the heat does not get too bad here soon, I would like to head out to strom thurmond lake this weekend.

Old 07-06-06, 05:34 AM
We tent camp all four seasons. One year we tent camped at Myrtle Beach at a rv park. It was great and I was lucky my wife didn't kill me because it got pretty hot and I came up with the bright idea of running to Wally-World and buying an electric fan. That saved my tail. Needless to say I was informed that tent camping is out at the beech in the summer. From now on the only camping at the beech will be done in a hotel.

Old 07-07-06, 11:24 AM
H
Same here. Tent camp all the time. The trick is to make sure you've got enough of a shade to keep your tent cool. Otherwise be ready to leave during the day.

Will be headed out tomorrow and the weekend looks like a good one. The wifey is 8 months pregnant so hopefully won't be too hot for her.

Originally Posted by mattison
We tent camp all four seasons. One year we tent camped at Myrtle Beach at a rv park. It was great and I was lucky my wife didn't kill me because it got pretty hot and I came up with the bright idea of running to Wally-World and buying an electric fan. That saved my tail. Needless to say I was informed that tent camping is out at the beech in the summer. From now on the only camping at the beech will be done in a hotel.

Old 07-11-06, 04:20 AM
8 months pregnant and camping in July. You're a brave man.

Old 07-11-06, 10:22 AM
D
Wow...if I was 8 months pregnant...I'd be at home. You're not forcing her to go are ya? Hope all goes well! And, Pre-congrats on the new baby!

About camping...used to do it w/my family when I was younger but now that I have a choice...forget it. I can't stand the bugs and being outdoors and no real shower and having to sleep in a sleeping bag and not stove or microwave, etc... (or has "camping" changed? Sorry so negative...

Old 07-11-06, 10:46 AM
H
She's a trooper!

Thanks for the well wishes. Yup I was impressed myself. She was actually torn between spending the weekend alone & miserable or with me and a whole bunch of people (we belong to a scuba diving club) and possibly feeling miserable. We both picked the lesser of two evils.

Saturday afternoon she spent under the sun and shade on her lawn chair while everyone else went diving. Other than having to carry all that weight, she was fine although felt tired enough to sleep from 9PM till 7AM the following day. Sunday she stayed out as well but by noon the heat was beggining to get to her and she felt really tired so we decided to hit the road. She slept all the way home and was rejuvenated that evening. Really proud of her

That's the last of our camping days this year. Hopefully will be doing the same, albeit more complex, next year when the baby is a year old.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: