Volunteering

Old 08-04-07, 01:36 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Volunteering

Want to do volunteer construction on homes or churches while camping in travel trailer. How do I get started?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-07, 10:47 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I've NEVER done this before, but I would think you know where you're going on your travels/camping? Try looking at Habitat for Humanity. I've heard of them before but I don't know where from. They welcome volunteering! Also since you know where you're traveling, their website shows areas where they need volunteers and state specifically what for.

Old 08-13-07, 10:06 AM
M
My wife and I are looking to do the same thing. Habitat for Humanity has a group called "Care-a-Vanners" who RV and help with the builds. They have a monthly e-mail newsletter outlining where builds are, how many RVs they have room for, etc. A lot of the time someplace to park the RV is provided for free or at low cost.

Please post back if you try this out. We won't be ready to do it for a few months yet and would like to hear from anyone who has done this.

Old 12-07-07, 10:02 PM
C
What you do Ken (if you aren't already out there doing) is you pack up and head to my house : ) that is, if you like a variety of home maintenance work rather than construction : )

Seriously, what did you learn/decide?