Coleman Lanterns

Old 09-10-08, 05:44 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Coleman Lanterns

Hi,

I have 3 Coleman Lanterns, all 220 series. I am repairing them. 2 of them have a little bit of rust on them in various places and I wanted to paint them. What kind of paint should I use to repaint them? Does it have to be the High Heat paint or will a regular Krylon spray paint work? My concern is that the lantern will get very hot and may melt the paint off. I can get the High Heat paint at Wal-Mart, but it only comes in black and is sold as a BBQ grill paint. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 09-10-08, 06:08 PM
T
High heat paint

Hello,
I don't know if you have them where you are but, I was just at LOWES the other day & believe it or not buying high heat paint & I noticed that the store I was at had it in several different colors. So try that

Old 09-11-08, 03:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Where you will be applying paint won't get that hot, but the high heat paint is recommended just for its longevity

Old 09-11-08, 07:07 PM
C
What color would be a good substitute for painting it somewhat back to the original color? I was thinking about going to Lowe's or Wal-Mart and picking up a can of Emerald Green Gloss. I sprayed one of the lanterns with Hunter Green gloss and it seems a little dark.

Old 09-11-08, 07:37 PM
T
color choice

Hi,

I agree with the previous poster, I would use the high heat paint also even though it may not seem necessary, it just holds up better.

As for your color choice, to me that is just a personal preference. You mentioned you wanted to go back to original but I have several coleman lanterns, (oldest about 10 yrs.) (newest last year) 3 of them are a dark dark like hunter green, 1 is what I would call Kelley green & 2 are dark gray/charcole.

Unless they are antiques, just use what you like!
Good luck

Old 10-29-08, 05:14 AM
D
Sitting here in Norway, I always beleve the The Old Town Coleman Center and Museum is relatvly near you.

I've been there once, and they may help you.

At least, I found it interesting.

I belive this is as near a non commersial as a private museum may be, so I put the link here:
http://www.oldtownyucca.com/coleman/

Good luck.
dsk

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: