bay window bench

Old 08-20-02, 01:24 PM
sammymiami
Visiting Guest
Question bay window bench

I have a bay window in my kitchen that I would like to build a storage bench for. The bench would attach right to the wall, under the window, and provide some extra storage by having a hinged top. Additionally, the bench provides seating for the kitchen table. Anyone have or know where I can obtain plans?

Old 08-21-02, 02:55 PM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
Hi,
Check out your local library, look for books on storage. You haven't given any sizes to go on.
Here is an idea that I've seen on a TV program. They took some standard off the shelf do it yourself cabinets to fill the space. They took 2 x 4's to frame out the area, leveling and plumbing as the went. They also used the 2 x 4's to make a base for the cabinets to sit on. A sheet of plywood was cut to fit the top or seat area. Where the cabinets were, the top was cut out into sections to cover the cabinets and hinges were installed on the pieces at the cabinet backs. They had cushions made to cover the top.
You could just make up a framed section to fit the bay area, and make a frame to fit inside so as to make a box, and make a cover that would fit, and have a lidded section or sections.
Remember to check for heat and a/c vents along with electrical outlets before you start.
good luck,
Trent

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: