Questions About Hinges

Old 10-09-02, 05:37 PM
ohnonowwhat?
Visiting Guest
Question Questions About Hinges

I'm planning to build a lightweight gate to keep dog and kitty litter box seperate. I want to mount the gate in the doorway of a small room.

When I went to buy hinges, I wasn't sure what to get, as there seem to be many kinds. Do I need to get a smaller version of a door hinge? AND what is a self-mortising hinge?

Old 10-10-02, 11:55 AM
Trent Bridley
Visiting Guest
Hi,
I don't know just what kind of door you are planing. Here is what might help you out . Go to www.google.com In the search box type in "self mortising hinges". When the pages come up, look for the site, Weber Knapp, and click on it. A picture is "worth a thousand words". After you have looked through this search go back and type in the search box, "hinges". Again go through and see what is offered. I think that you will need a hinge something like a "cafe door hinge" so that it will swing in and out and still come back to center, closed position.
Good luck,
Trent

Old 10-10-02, 02:50 PM
ohnonowwhat?
Visiting Guest
Ah Ha! I get it!

They fit together. Thank you!

The gate I want to make is to replace one of those cheap spring tension baby gates. It's a pain to a) climb over it or b) remove & replace it every time I need to clean the litter box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: