Back Yard Shed Kits

Old 11-12-02, 11:20 AM
JERRYLYNCH
Visiting Guest
Back Yard Shed Kits

I am interested in Shed Kits. There seem to be more flavors than I can count and a wide range of cost. On the one hand, there are the kits available from Menard/Loews/Home DePot that can cost $450 for a 10x12 wooden variety. At the same time, one can spend $1,500 from Heartland Industries for a similar version ('construction included'). I don't know what the differences are - can someone help?

Old 11-14-02, 07:45 PM
Specter
Visiting Guest
I don't know about the expensive ones but some years ago, my dad bought one & my brother & I put it togeather in a day. All of the roof "trusses" had to be cut & they had templates for them & everything went fairly smooth for the 2 dummies puting it up.

Old 11-17-02, 12:56 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is an article in Familyhandyman about building a beautiful shed from scratch. The cost was very high, about 2k I think but they had every bell and whistle. If I were to do it, I would use reclaimed lumber, cheaper windows, 86 the dormer/garage door etc and it could be done for a fraction of their cost. Obviously would take a lot longer to put together. IMO those prefab units look cheap.

Check it out -

http://www.familyhandyman.com/200209/toc/

All libraries carry this mag.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: