Any Ideas

Old 03-28-03, 09:29 AM
Shiela1
Visiting Guest
Question Any Ideas

I am attempting to build a ??BOX?? over my pool equipment on my patio. I'm not a professional, BUT...... I am not afraid of anything as long as I can get some direction.....

Qualifications:
47 inches high
42 inches deep
54 inches wide

Needs to be 3 sided, open in the back
Needs to have a top that can hold tiles
Needs to be on locking wheels, for easy removal
Needs to be pretty sturdy
I will need to be able to weather proof it.

I have looked in the links you have listed and I can not find anything similar to what I need any ideas.

Any ideas PLEASE let me know.....

Thank you soooooo much.

Old 03-28-03, 09:56 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of advice you seek, i.e. design, materials, etc. However I will jump in will my first thought.

Build a simple boxed shape carcass out of MDO. Medium Density Overlay comes in 4 x 8 sheets. Home Depot sometimes carries MDO. It's surface is smooth for painting (no woodgrain). It is designed for exterior outdoor use. It is extremely heavy (like MDF) so it won't blow away in a storm. The smooth surface also is perfect for laying tiles as you wish to do.

As with any outdoor project, design the box such that the rain will drip off the top, instead of running down the side of the box and take care to protect or seal the cut edges from rain.

Old 03-28-03, 10:59 AM
Shiela1
Visiting Guest
Yep, your on the right track.

What I need are the simple instructions, design, materials.

I was hoping to finish the outside in the same material my spa has, which don't laugh but I think it is called tongue and groove.

Can you help me with a plan?

Thank you for your help.

Old 03-28-03, 11:52 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think they call spa paneling, Library panel. But who knows. Regarding plans, I'm sorry, can't help there due to time constraints but perhaps others in the forum can.

Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: